2022 APPOINTMENT PROTOCOLS
How to check in:
- Once you have arrived in our parking lot, please CHECK-IN through our FunkstownVet App or by visiting https://go.v2p.us/l/5IKg.
- You may also CALL 301-733-7579 to let us know you are here.
- If you do not have a cell phone each door has a call box that you can speak directly with a member of our CSR team.
In-person visits scheduled with a veterinarian:
- Once you have checked in, (see above), a technician will call to get your appointment started prior to entering the building and will escort you into an exam room when it is time for your scheduled appointment.
- Only 1 PERSON PER EXAM ROOM will be allowed into the building at a time. All others will be asked to stay in the vehicle.
- We ask that once inside our facility you remain in the exam room for the duration of your appointment.
- New clients, please complete and submit the requested information.
- Curbside services will continue to be available for those that would like to limit in-person contact or for those with small children.
Curbside appointments with a technician:
- Exam rooms are reserved for wellness or sick visits with a Veterinarian. For this reason, technician visits will be done as a curbside service.
- Once you have checked in, (see above) a technician will speak with you about your pets’ health and care before bringing your pet inside for their requested treatment.
- It is recommended to call prior to arrival to finalize payment.
- Once you have arrived, call 301-733-7579 to let us know you are here. A staff member will bring your medication to you.
- Arrangements can also be made to have the medication ready in our white pickup box located at the main glass door entrance from our parking lot.
- Once you have checked in, (see above), a technician will call to review your surgery consent form and to answer any questions you may have about your pet’s care.
- A copy of the surgical consent paperwork and estimate will be mailed to you prior to your pet’s surgical appointment. Please have the surgical consent form and surgical estimate (if provided) filled out and signed prior to your surgery date. The surgical consent form is also available on our website.
Additional Information and Available Resources:
Our FunkstownVet app also has many convenient, easy to use features:
You can request any food or medication refills day or night. Our Pharmacy team will process your request and send you a notification to your phone letting you know when your prescriptions are available for pick up.
Medication and food purchases can also be requested through our Online pharmacy and can be delivered straight to your front door.
Appointment requests can be submitted through our app as well. Requests will be processed by our staff during the next business day.
Those wishing to schedule a Same Day sick visit must call in at 8am and speak with a staff member. These are first come first serve and do go quickly.
We also have a 2-way app chat feature that will allow you to chat with an available team member through the app during available business hours, rather than calling or sending an email. We encourage you to utilize this if you need to get in touch with us or have a question about your pet’s care.
Thank you for your trust & support.