Due to the alarming increase in COVID-19 related cases over the last few weeks, we at the Animal Health Clinic have decided to once again take a step back to help ensure the overall health and safety of our clients and staff.
Curbside Care Protocols:
- We ask all clients to park in the back parking lot. When you arrive please call 301-733-7579 to check-in. Please stay in your vehicle.
- A technician will call you to discuss your pet’s history and any concerns and provide our regular education over the phone. An estimate will be provided and discussed for your approval.
- Once the services have been determined, a technician will come out to your car to retrieve your pet and bring them into the clinic while you wait in your car.
- After the examination is complete, your pet’s doctor will call you to go over all results and discuss her recommendations for your pet.
- Once your pet’s care is complete a receptionist will call you with the final total for payment. For ease of payment over the phone, we ask that at this time a credit card or debit card number be provided. However, if you do not have a credit or debit card, a staff member will come to your car for cash/check payments.
- Due to the importance of end of life care and our bonds with our animals, we will still be allowing a limited number of clients to come into the building and stay with their beloved pets for any euthanasia appointments.
At this time, we are asking clients who have a fever, flu-like symptoms, or who have had exposure to an individual with COVID-19 to please reschedule their pet’s appointment.
Additional Information and Available Resources:
- New clients, please go visit our website (http://funkstownvet.com/new-client-form) and complete and submit the requested information.
- For our Surgery patients, please have the surgical consent form filled out prior if possible. We mail the surgical consent paperwork to you prior to your pet’s surgical appointment and it is also available on our website.
- Our FunkstownVet app also has many convenient, easy to use features:
- You can request any food or medication refills day or night. Our Pharmacy team will process your request and send you a notification to your phone letting you know when your prescriptions are available for pick up.
- Medication and food purchases can also be requested through our Online pharmacy and can be delivered straight to your front door.
- Appointment requests can be submitted through our app as well. Requests will be processed by our staff during the next business day.
- We also have a 2-way app chat feature that will allow you to chat with an available team member through the app during available business hours, rather than calling or sending an email. We encourage you to utilize this if you need to get in touch with us or have a question about your pet’s care.
- The Animal Health Clinic takes the well-being of our patients, clients, and staff very seriously. Thank you all for your understanding and cooperation during these difficult times. Our goal is to keep our clients, staff, and the community as safe and healthy as possible.