New Phase for Reopening
Starting Monday, June 15th we will be taking our first steps as we transition to reopening our building to our clients. We will be implementing the following NEW health and safety protocols to introduce limited-access, in-person visits.
For In-person visits:
- Please park in the rear parking lot
- Call the clinic upon arrival and remain in your vehicle. A technician will call and take your pets history prior to entering the building. A team member will escort you and your pet(s) INTO and OUT of the building.
- Only 1 PERSON will be allowed into the building at a time. (Others will be asked to stay in the vehicle)
- FACE MASKS ARE REQUIRED and must be worn at all times.
- Your TEMPERATURE WILL BE TAKEN, and YOU WILL BE ASKED TO USE HAND SANITIZER at the door.
- You MUST stay in the exam room.
Curbside service* will still be in effect for:
- Medication pickups.
- Those that prefer to continue limited contact service
- Those with children.
- Those that are currently experiencing any COVID-19 related symptoms.
- Those that do not have or are unable to wear a face mask
Other Available services:
Telehealth Video consultation appointments with Dr. Scrivener. With the use of a smartphone, tablet, or webcam, you will be able to consult with our veterinarian from the safety of their own home.
FunkstownVet app: 2-way chat! If you have a question about your pet’s care, 2-way chat allows you to consult with our team via text rather than calling or sending an email.
We thank you for you continued understanding during these difficult times. The Animal Health Clinic takes the well-being of our patients, clients, and staff very seriously. Our veterinarians and staff feel all our clients and patients are part of our extended family and love them like our own. Our goal is to keep our clients, staff, and the community as safe and healthy as possible.
*Curbside Service Protocols:
1. We ask all clients to park in the back-parking lot. When you arrive please call the main clinic number to check in. Please stay in your vehicle.
2. A technician will call you discuss your pet’s history and any concerns and provide our regular education over the phone. An estimate will be provided and discussed for your approval.
3. Once the services have been determined, a technician will come out to your car to retrieve your pet and bring them into the clinic while you wait in your car.
4. After the examination is complete, your pet’s doctor will call you to go over all results and discuss her recommendations for your pet.
5. Once your pet’s care is complete a receptionist will call you with the final total for payment. For ease of payment over the phone, we ask that at this time a credit card or debit card number be provided. However, if you do not have a credit or debit card, a staff member will come to your car for cash/check payments.
Due to the importance of end of life care and our bonds with our animals, we will still be allowing clients to come into the building and stay with their beloved pets for any euthanasia appointments.
Any life-threatening emergencies that require immediate care we will be referring to Mountain View Animal Emergency, 18501 Maugans Ave, Suite 105, Hagerstown MD 21742. Phone number 301-733-7339.
New clients please go visit our New Client Form Page and complete and submit the requested information.
For our surgery patients, please have the surgical consent form filled out prior if possible. We mail the surgical consent paperwork to you prior to your pet’s surgical appointment and it is also available on our website On This Page Under ‘Surgical Forms’.